So you’re at a loss as to what to get your lovely lover on Valentine’s Day? When one of you is vegan, you can’t just get any old box of chocolates like you might have done in the past.
But never fear! We have a collection of the best vegan Valentine's Day gifts and delicious Valentine's Day recipes to give you some awesome ideas!
If you are new to vegan gift-giving, there are a few things you need to know about what you should and shouldn’t give to a vegan this Valentine's Day.
Generally, as long as the Valentine’s gift doesn’t contain animal-derived ingredients or test on animals, you’re good to go. But how do you know if your present has any of those blacklisted items in it? You really don't want to make a mistake here as it could totally ruin the mood.
Read our guide on vegan gift-giving to find out what ingredients and items aren't vegan.
Now, without keeping you waiting any longer, here are my 5 best Valentine’s Day vegan gift giving ideas.
#1 A Vegan Pamper Hamper
Make it all about them with our smooth and lovely Vegan Pamper Hamper sent anywhere in Australia FOR FREE. This hamper is stuffed with luxurious items made especially to relax and rejuvenate!
The Pamper Hamper is perfect for a special Valentine’s Day because you can set the mood together by first lighting up our soy wax candle. Next, run yourselves a nice hot bath filled with some of the coconut and hibiscus salt scrub and spend quality time together. Apply the soothing face mask and keep a bottle of vegan champagne close.
Then at the end of the bath, give each other a massage using the moisturising lotion. If that doesn’t all sound romantic, I don’t know what does!
Alternatively, our Golden Glow Vegan Hamper is similar to the Pamper Hamper, only without the moisturiser and plus a luxurious vegan tea. Both a great ideas for Valentine's Day hampers.
- For a list of vegan champagnes, scroll down to heading #4.
#2 A Vegan Chocolate Valentine’s Gift Box
Chocolates are the quintessential Valentine’s gift, aren’t they? However, finding a vegan Valentine's chocolate box nearby will probably prove to be difficult, if not impossible. The solution? Buy your Valentine’s vegan chocolates online!
We specialise in vegan hampers and we have two that are filled with our favourite vegan chocolates, perfect for a vegan Valentine's Day!
The first is our vegan Valentine’s candy box The Sweet Tooth Hamper, ideal for those aching for non-vegan sweets and want the vegan replacements! This vegan Valentine’s box is filled with mixed vegan candies and fruit gums, caramel vegan “Maltesers”, delicious vegan chocolates, and more!
Our other vegan chocolate hamper; the Choc O'Clock, focuses only on the main event… vegan chocolate! Featuring the best vegan Valentine's Day chocolates including vegan “Maltesers”, two strawberry creme-filled chocolate bears, a luxurious chocolate hazelnut bar, and a crispy coffee chocolate bar. These vegan Valentine's chocolates are all sooooo good, but if they don't tickle your fancy, check out our other romantic vegan hampers to see if one sparks joy for you!
- Make sure you couple the vegan gift with one of our cute, punny greeting cards to make them feel even more special!
#3 Cook Something Special (and Vegan of Course!)
Cooking for your loved one is a budget-friendly but especially romantic way to show your appreciation. You could cook your partner’s favourite healthy dish, or perhaps make something super decadent that you don’t usually eat, like vegan truffles, sushi, or mousse.
Here are a few of our favourite, romantic vegan recipes to get you started!
- Baked Tomato Bruscetta
- Trumpet Mushroom Calamari
- Smoked Vegan Cheese with Jalapeño and Almonds (Gluten Free)
- Vegan Pink Sushi
- Vegan Brie with Cranberries and Candied Pecans
- Guacamole and Mango Salad with Black Beans
- Vegan Quinoa Salad with Strawberries
- Easy Vegan Ramen
- Pulled Mushroom Burgers
- Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff
- Simple Satay Sweet Potato Curry (Gluten Free)
- Cauliflower Scampi in Lemon Garlic White Wine Sauce
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Pie
- Valentine's Amaretto Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Mousse Praline Domes (Gluten Free)
- Heart-Shaped Sugar Cookies
- Deluxe Valentine’s Sweet Treat Platter
Don’t even know where to start with vegan cooking? Here are a couple of ways you can easily get started:
- Grab our Vegan Starter Kit full of essential vegan pantry staples, and you’ll be well on your way to cooking your first vegan dish!
- Sign up to the Veecoco Online Cooking School and create flavourful vegan dishes from around the world. So romantic!
#4 Go for a Picnic with Vegan Cheese and Spreads
A picnic is a lot less cooking than the previous option, but just as special. Head over to your local health food store and grab some of the most delicious nut cheeses you can find to make yourself a vegan charcuterie board!
Be sure to include olives, hummus, baba ganoush, beetroot dip, grapes, strawberries, vegan meats, crisp sliced-veg, a baguette, or whatever vegan treats tickle your fancy.
Here's a list of some of our favourite vegan picnic treats that would go perfect on a romantic vegan platter.
- Vegan Dairy Persian Feta
- Botanical Cuisine Persian Macadamia Feta
- Nutty Bay Cashew Cheese
- Sprout & Kernel Cashew Cheese
- Peace, Love & Vegeys Cashew Dill Cheese
- All The Things Cashew Cheese
- Damona Smoked Mozzarella
- Damona Brie
- Damona Baked Almond Feta
- Lauds Cashew Cheese
Vegan Dips and Sides
- Chris’s Plant-Based Dips
- Yumi's Sweet Potato and Cashew Dip
- Obela Caramelised Onion Hummus
- Pilpel Moroccan Style Baba Ganoush (Gluten Free)
- Fifya Vegan Dips
- Any Olives without Anchovies
- Moët & Chandon
- Joseph Perrier Champagne
- Veuve Clicquot
- Piper-Heidsieck Cuvée Brut
- G.H. Mumm Cordon Rouge
Once you've tracked down some amazing vegan picnic treats, pack them all up in a cooler bag with a bottle of vegan champagne, grab a rug or beach towel and head to someplace with a nice view so you can spend time staring into each other's eyes... ¡Que romántico!
#5 Take Them on a Date to Their Fave Vegan Restaurant
Stick to the tried and true romantic gestures and take your partner to their favourite vegan restaurant. We suppose you already know which restaurants they like..? But if you don’t, use the Happy Cow website to find good vegan restaurants near you!
By going to a 100% vegan restaurant, you are not only supporting local vegan businesses (always a good thing) but it’s also going to make the vegan in the relationship sooooooo happy that they can actually eat EVERYTHING on the menu. We think that’s going to make your Valentine’s date night dinner so much more special!
Plus you'll get to try new vegan foods that will be sure to give you great ideas for your next stay-in date night.
Now go forth and be kind with vegan Valentine’s gifts this February that make every-body happy!
Save for Later on Pinterest
We hope you’ve found this guide on the best vegan Valentine's Day ideas super useful! We sure had fun writing it for you.
If you have romantic ideas for vegans that needs to be on this list, please comment with it below and we will take a look at it.
- Best Vegan Gift Hampers in Australia.
- Buy the ultimate vegan gift with our Vegan Gift Giving Guide.
- Get ready for Easter with our Vegan Easter Guide.
- You definitely need these Vegan Puns in your life!