Easter is a time for families to feast together, for everyone to enjoy a long weekend, and for kids to make and search for Easter eggs. But Easter isn’t so vegan friendly when you think about all the eggs, chocolate, fish and meat that is often consumed or used.
In this post, we are going to show you how to have a fun-filled vegan Easter, complete with the best vegan Easter eggs, vegan Easter food, and we’ll even show you how to dye eggs without using chicken’s eggs!
Vegan Easter Chocolate and Candy
Veganising your holidays and family gatherings doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the things you love like chocolate Easter eggs, Easter candies, roast dinners or fish and chips. No, don’t eliminate these things, just switch them up a little.
Luckily these days there are a bunch of vegan options for all of your common favourites, especially chocolate. Use our list of vegan Easter treats below to put together your own vegan Easter basket ideas, or take the easy route and grab one of our vegan chocolate and sweets hampers.
Buying Vegan Easter Chocolate in Australia
It's the item that everyone wants! Easter eggs wrapped in foil that can be hidden for the children to find. There's a huge amount of vegan chocolate Easter eggs this year and this easy-to-use list will help you find them!
Vegan Mini Eggs
- Loving Earth BooBook Vegan Milk Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Haigh’s Dark Vegan Chocolate Mini Eggs
- Decadent Handmade Chocolate Box of Mixed Easter Eggs
- Koko Black 54% Dark Chocolate Little Eggs
- Alpha Small Milk-Free Easter Eggs
- Aldi Moser Roth Dark Chocolate 70% Mini Eggs
- Hey Tiger Almond Rocher Vegan Easter Eggs
Vegan Easter Eggs
- Treat Dreams Classic Cream and ‘Yolk” Filling (Contains Sustainable Palm Oil)
- Aldi Choices Easter Egg and Orange Discs
- Aldi Choices Easter Egg and White Chocolate Discs
- Sweet William Dairy-Free Easter Eggs
- Loving Earth Easter Eggs, Raspberry Mylk Eggs
- Loving Earth Dark Chocolate Easter Eggs, Mint Creme
- Moo Free Easter Eggs in Honeycomb, Orange, and Premium
- Bennetto Hallow Chocolate Eggs (2 pack) in Mint, Coconut, Dark, or Coffee
- Kinnerton Just Chocolate Dark Chocolate Eggs (May Contain Palm Oil)
- Haigh’s Dark Vegan Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Decadent Handmade Chocolates Vegan Candy Filled Easter Eggs
- Decadent Handmade Chocolates Vegan Cream Eggs
- Plamil So Free White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate and Milk Lactose-Free Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Koko Black 54% Dark Chocolate Nest Egg filled with Dark Sprinkles
- Koko Black 54 % Dark Chocolate Sprinkle Egg Pop
- Organic Times Dark Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Ratio Cocoa Roasters Dark Chocolate Easter Egg
Vegan Easter Bunnies
- Sweet William Mini Chocolate Easter Bunnies
- Moo Free Organic Rosie Rabbit Bar Vegan Chocolate Bunny
- Sweet William Dairy-Free Chocolate Easter Bunny
- Gingerbread Folk’s Choc Gingerbread Bunny
- Bennetto Chocolate Easter Bunny in Mint, Coconut, Dark, or Coffee
- Lindt Dark Chocolate Vegan Easter Bunny (May Contain Sustainable Palm Oil)
- Decadent Handmade Chocolates Bunny Pops – Mylk Chocolate
- Decadent Handmade Chocolates Passionfruit or Dark Chocolate Easter Bunny
- Plamil So Free Vegan Bunny Bars
- Koko Black Dark Bunny (3 sizes)
- Medita Chocolates Vegan Honeycomb Bunnies
- Organic Times Dark Vegan Chocolate Easter Bunny
- Ratio Cocoa Roasters Dark Chocolate Easter Bunny Trio
Vegan Easter Bilbies
- Haigh Dark Chocolate Bilby
Vegan Chocolate Hens
- Bennetto Chocolate Hen in Mint, Coconut, Dark, or Coffee
Vegan Rocky Road
- Bennetto Rocky Road Slab made with Vegan Marshmallows
- Hey Tiger Rocky Road Vegan Dark Chocolate
- Decadent Handmade Chocolates Gluten Free Rocky Road
- Decadent Handmade Chocolates Dark Rocky Road Half Easter Eggs
- Athenry Caramel Rocky Road Bar
Vegan Easter Basket
After increased demand, we decided to develop our own amazing vegan Easter hamper. It's perfect to take to the family gathering with all allergens taken care of!
Complete with foil-wrapped vegan Easter eggs and choc gingerbread bunnies, plus some seriously decadent creme eggs and mixed bunnies from Treat Dreams.
Grab your vegan Easter box now, as the Easter long weekend is fast approaching!
Vegan Easter Candy
If hunting down vegan-friendly Easter eggs in Australia doesn’t appeal to you, here’s a list of common candies which can add colour and vibrance to your vegan Easter box or display.
Vegan Easter Lollies
- Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans
- Biona Organic Gummy Mini Fruit Bears
- Sour Patch Kids
- Annie’s Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks
- Freedom Marshmallows
- Dandies Marshmallows
- Free From Fellows Sugar-Free Cola Bottles
- Bite Society Milky Choc Balls
Vegan Hot Cross Buns
No Easter spread would be complete without some hot cross buns. Vegan hot cross buns are super easy to get, just duck down to your local supermarket!
Vegan Hot Cross Buns
- Coles Fruit-Free Hot Cross Buns (Contain Palm Oil)
- Coles Traditional Hot Cross Buns (Contain Palm Oil)
- Gluten Free Bakehouse Hot Cross Buns Chocolate
- Gluten Free Bakehouse Hot Cross Buns Fruit
- Brick Road Bakery Fruit Hot Cross Buns (Contain Palm Oil)
- Woolworths Hot Cross Loaf
- Woolworths Traditional Fruit Hot Cross Buns (Contain Palm Oil)
- Woolworths Traditional Mini Fruit Hot Cross Buns (Contain Palm Oil)
Vegan Easter Recipes
In this section, we are going to help you plan the perfect family vegan Easter menu. Pick and choose, mix and match from the following vegan Easter dinner recipes, with sides and desserts. These vegan Easter meals have been picked for their popularity and seasonality, they are the perfect vegan Easter recipe ideas.
Vegan Easter Main Dishes
Vegan Roast with Veggies
Buy a vegan roast or plant-pasted nut loaf from your local supermarket or health food store and follow the instructions on the packet. If you want to make your own, the Vegan Huggs Vegan Holiday Roast recipe is amazing. Pair the vegan roast with some incredible Jamie Oliver Roast Potatoes, Parsnips and Carrots.
Vegan Fish and Chips for Good Friday
This BOSH Vegan “Fish” and Chips recipe is super popular. It keeps a crunchy outer, a soft middle and a satisfying bite, everything you want from fish and chips.
Whole Cauliflower with Stuffing and Gravy
This Like A Vegan recipe of Whole Cauliflower with Cranberry Stuffing and Mushroom Gravy is a super festive dish sure to impress your guests. With that much decadence on the table, no one will be missing meat.
Vegan Cashew Cheese and Asparagus Tart
Make your holiday super special with this Vegan Cashew Cream and Asparagus Tart from My Darling Vegan. Made with puff pastry and seasonal asparagus to complete your festive Easter table.
Mashed Potato Casserole with Broccoli and Cauliflower
This One Green Planet Mashed Potato Casserole with Broccoli and Cauliflower recipe is the ultimate comfort food. It’s creamy, dreamy, and an excellent easy dinner to feed hungry mouths during the long weekend. Plus it sneaks in so many nutrients, no one will realise they are actually eating something good for them!
Vegan Easter Side Dishes
Creamy Beetroot Salad
The bright colours of seasonal vegetables are what will be taking centre stage this Easter. And Like A Vegan’s Creamy Beetroot Salad recipe is the perfect dish to light up a table.
Vegan Potato Salad
Say hello to the Minimalist Baker’s Simple Vegan Potato Salad. Creamy, savoury, and hearty, it requires just 10 ingredients. Perfect to feed the fam. What’s not to love?
Ginger Dutch Carrots
These Ginger Carrots from Like A Vegan are super tasty and kinda sweet so you can basically just pretend they’re Easter candy while still getting veggies on your plate.
Zesty Brussels Sprouts
In this Zesty Brussels Sprouts recipe by Tasty Kitchen, the brussels sprouts are roasted until crisp and soft, then tossed in a tangy and slightly smoky vinaigrette. A really great recipe, sure to entice the whole family to give this seasonal veg a go!
Vegan Creamy Mushroom Arancini
These Creamy Mushroom Arancini Balls from The Hungry Herbivores are a must-try! And easy to make egg-shaped to keep up with the Easter feel. The creamy texture of risotto combines with the crispy exterior for a perfectly pleasing texture to bite into.
Mango, Avocado and Macadamia Salad
This Mango, Avocado and Macadamia Salad from Taste.com is one of my favourite salads ever. Guests always love it and the colours are just delightful!
Lemon Garlic Green Beans with Almonds
The delicious aroma from The Blender Girl’s Lemon-Garlic Green Beans with Almonds recipe when you sauté the garlic, almonds, and lemon juice makes you salivate, and I have been caught eating the mixture off the wooden spoon before it even reaches the green beans! A sensation at any family gathering!
Vegan Easter Desserts
Vegan Hot Cross Buns
This recipe by Lazy Cat Kitchen for Vegan Hot Cross Buns is fantastic and there is no way that a non-vegan would ever tell that these beauties contained no dairy or eggs!
Gooey Vegan Cookies
Here’s Baker By Nature’s recipe for the most wonderful Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies ever. REALLY! The best part of this recipe is that these vegan Easter cookies taste so much like traditional chocolate chip cookies, no one ever guesses they are vegan.
No-Bake Blueberry Vegan Cheesecake
This No-Bake Blueberry Vegan Cheesecake by One Green Planet is a real crowd-pleaser. A healthy but delicious sunflower seed, date crust topped with a creamy cashew blueberry layer - this cake is heavenly. It has the richness of a chocolate cake, but a delightfully fresh fruity flavour. Plus it’s kinda good for you!
Vegan Trifle Cups with Berries
Be sure to check out Minimalist Vegan's Vegan Trifle Cups, featuring berries which are in season until mid-April. Simple, easy, healthy-ish, and fruity; it’s the moistest vegan Easter cake you’ve ever tried. Make it even more Easter-y with little vegan chocolate eggs on the top along with the berries.
Silken Chocolate Vegan Pie
Making Thyme for Health's Soy-Free Silken Chocolate Pie shouldn't work and it certainly shouldn't be a mind-blowing spoonful of silken creamy goodness. But it is and it’s made from avocado and whipped coconut cream. You’re welcome.
Vegan Apple Crumble
Apple crumble is one of those comfort desserts that makes you feel warm and fuzzy. And this easy Vegan Apple Crumble from Vegan Easy ticks all the boxes. With a delicious layer of sweet apples and a thick golden crumble topping with oaty clumps that taste like buttery cookies, but without the need for butter, white flour or refined white sugar.
DIY Vegan Chocolates and Candies
Copycat Cadbury-Style Creme Eggs
Delectable homemade Vegan Creme Eggs from A Virtual Vegan with rich chocolate and a sweet, creamy fondant filling with a yellow ‘yolk’. A copycat version of that oh so popular Easter treat from Cadbury minus the egg white, cow’s milk, natural flavours, emulsifiers, high fructose corn syrup and artificial colours.
Vegan Raspberry White Chocolate Bunnies
Will Frolic For Food’s Vegan Raspberry White Chocolate Bunnies taste amazing and look even better. Sweet, creamy, mildly coconut-y, with the soft luxurious aroma of white chocolate and lashings of tart raspberries. An absolute crowd-pleaser!
Vegan Vanilla Fudge Chocolate Eggs
These Vanilla Fudge Chocolate Eggs from My Goodness Kitchen are so, so addictive. The fudge is sweet and buttery while the chocolate is silky and rich. Made with all vegan ingredients and no processed sugars, they are as healthy as a naughty treat can get.
3 Ingredient Vegan Cookies and Cream Eggs
This delightfully easy vegan Easter egg recipe from Like A Vegan just screams the holidays! The 3-Ingredient Cookies and Cream Eggs is the perfect Easter dessert to sweeten up your guests over the long weekend.
Raspberry-Filled Chocolate Coconut Truffles
These Raspberry Coconut Truffles from One Green Planet have it all: they're beautiful, sophisticated, impressive, and most importantly; delicious! Plus, nobody will ever guess that these candies are ridiculously easy to make, contain only five main ingredients, and are under $5.00 for the entire batch. Complete decadence on a budget!
No Idea How to Cook Vegan Food?
Sign up to the Veecoco Online Cooking School and quickly learn how to create flavourful nutritious vegan dishes from around the world.
Vegan Eggs for Dying
Dyeing chickens eggs with bright colours and displaying them around your home is a common Easter tradition in Australia. As a vegan, using chicken eggs is not only a waste, it’s unethical.
But you also want to help the kids create art... so here are our best chicken egg alternatives this Easter.
Vegan Egg Alternatives for Craft
- Painting Egg-Shaped Rocks
- Dyeing Wooden Easter Eggs
- Dyeing Ceramic Easter Eggs
- Dyeing Plastic Easter Eggs
- Make Papier Mache Easter Eggs
- Make Salt Dough Easter Eggs
Save for Later on Pinterest
That concludes the roundup of our vegan Easter ideas, vegan Easter gifts, and vegan Easter dishes! We hope you have a fun-filled holiday complete with family, laughter, compassion and remembrance!
If you have additional ideas, vegan recipes, Easter vegan products, or vegan Easter eggs (Australia) you think deserves to be on this list, please don’t hesitate to contact us.