Don’t know what vegan gifts to give your friend/relative/lover? Buying vegan gifts in Australia can be hard because there isn’t that much information out there yet on what to buy!
You never realise how hard it is to buy for a vegan until you're stuck doing it, but honestly, it doesn’t have to be that hard, you just need to know where to look. To help you choose we’ve compiled an awesome roundup of the best gifts for vegans from around the country!
For this list, we have searched out the 20 best vegan gifts from around Australia for every type of vegan! Whether you’re after vegan birthday presents or for the best Christmas gifts for vegans, we've got the perfect suggestion for the best gifts for vegans in Australia on every occasion.
This list of vegan gift ideas has a great variety of products that should suit any personality - and you know them best! We have vegan kitchen gift ideas, vegan gift basket ideas, vegan beauty and self-care presents, vegan books and household gifts. We also have a ton of creative vegan gift ideas and all you need to do is find one that suits your friend or loved one the best!
How To Know What Gifts Are Vegan
It can be hard to decipher the ingredients and processes of each individual product so sometimes it may take a little more research. Our vegan gift giving guide will help you navigate the confusing world of buying vegan gifts as a non-vegan.
We suggest you read the gift-giving guide before purchasing anything for your vegan friend or loved one.
For now, here are some non-vegan items that you should look out for when buying vegan gifts:
- Food items that include animal-derived ingredients (contains meat, fish, eggs, dairy, honey, gelatin, whey, etc). Read our vegan shopping list for a complete list of items to avoid
- Candles made from beeswax
- Non-vegan soap, toothpaste or shower products made with stearic acid or glycerin
- Makeup made with glycerin, lanolin, carmine, honey or beeswax
- Makeup, bath and skincare products that are tested on animals
- Silk, fur, wool, leather, suede, cashmere
- Down or feathers
- Bone china or pearls
- Non-vegan wine, champagne, beer or cider (it is a shock to realise that some alcohols aren’t vegan as the alcohol is filtered through egg whites or fish bladder)
- Some vegans believe palm oil isn’t vegan, so try to avoid this ingredient if possible
Every single gift on this list is vegan. We will even ship the product out to the recipient in environmentally-friendly packaging with a special note written to them by you. Look out for the ‘Order Note’ section on the Cart.
You can’t give vegan presents much easier than that!
The Ultimate Vegan Gift Ideas for Anyone
Need vegan gift ideas for literally anyone? You’ve come to the right place! Whether the person you’re buying for is a food-lover, fashionista or activist, you’ll find vegan present ideas for them al!
#1 A Vegan Gift Basket
This has got to be the all-around best vegan present out there, ever! Who doesn’t love getting a hamper full of amazing new vegan products to try?
As vegans, we struggle every day with animal ingredients in everyday products. Even going to the supermarket to pick up some shampoo can turn into a detective activity. It would be so nice to receive a vegan box filled with stuff we already know we can use and eat. It’s the equivalent of vegan heaven.
Our very own vegan gift hampers are definitely the best gift a vegan could receive. They're chock-a-block full of or top-selling chocolates and snacks, decadent vegan gourmet foods, and a variety of personal products. There's a tonne of value packed into our one vegan gift boxes making it the perfect gift for vegans in general!
We sell a variety of vegan gift baskets here at PS I’m Vegan. We want to ensure that you’re never stumped at finding vegan birthday gifts in Australia ever again.
Our original vegan gift hamper is filled with a carefully selected range of gourmet foods and sweets plus some indulgent items perfect for spoiling someone.
We also have a best-selling vegan sweets hamper for chocoholics who like to indulge, a pamper hamper for the vegan who needs to treat themselves, a starter kit box for new vegans and a vegan Christmas hamper filled with treats and gourmet Christmas foods that vegans usually can’t eat.
If you’d like to read a round-up of all the best vegan gift baskets we offer here at PS I’m Vegan, then head on over to our 10 Best Vegan Hampers article!
#2 Vegan Chocolates
Want to know the way to a vegan’s heart? It’s definitely through vegan chocolate gifts! When we surveyed 200+ vegans about the item they miss most when they went vegan, chocolate was second on the list (after cheese).
Almost no vegan milk chocolate exists in mainstream supermarkets meaning vegans are only ever left with super dark chocolate that’s usually bitter and boring!
Luckily for you, we sell a selection of delectable vegan chocolate hampers that will be sure to make any vegan fall over with delight! Our Sweet Tooth Hamper is perfect for the vegan who loves all of the vegan lollies and candy. It's filled with tried-and-tested vegan chocolate box favourites. Alternatively, a cheaper option is our Choc O'Clock Hamper which boasts an optimal selection of our fave vegan chocolates.
We offer free delivery Australia-wide on all of our vegan gift hampers, providing you with the best value vegan gifts you'll be able to find.
Here are a few of our fave vegan chocolates and truffles that don't skimp on favour and wow:
- Vego Bar comes in milk and white chocolate with hazelnut
- Treat Dreams Dream Eggs are divine and the perfect veganised version of the Cadbury Creme Eggs
- Treat Dreams Bears have that decadent gooey centre that are the perfect vegan snack
- Bite Society Milky Choc Balls exactly like Maltesers! The caramel ones are divine
- Benetto Chocolates are just how you would want a vegan chocolate to taste
- Nestar Chocolates are luxurious and decadent vegan chocolates
- Twilight Bars are similar to a Mars Bar and are oozy and seriously good
- Pumpy Jackson vegan chocolate blocks are sweetened with monk fruit making the perfect healthy chocolate
Booja Booja Truffles most popular vegan truffles
- Alter Eco Crisp Mint, Sea Salt and Super Blackout Chocolate Blocks
- Bonvita Rice Drink Chocolate super addictive!
- Witerki Truffles specialise in artisan vegan truffles
#3 A Cute Vegan Tote Bag
You can never have enough tote bags. Making these eco vegan tote bags a great gift! They're perfect for lugging groceries in style, for beach outings, to take library books around or just about anything that involves carrying something.
Our cotton tote bags are:
- Printed with vegan ink on fair trade, certified organic, unbleached cotton
- 100% carbon neutral
- Designed by Aussie based artists and screen printed in Australia
- Delivered for free in a sustainable biodegradable satchel
- 10% of Earth Greetings profits goes to environmental organisations
You can grab this cute tote bag with a matching vegan tea towel printed on GOTS certified organic cotton.
#4 Soy-Based Candles
Candles are always a great gift. But did you know that the bees-wax used in most candles is not vegan? Vegans avoid honey and beeswax, which knocks out a lot of beauty products, and a lot of candles. If you can track down a soy-wax candle with a scent that is vegan, then you should be good to go!
#5 Luxury Vegan Soaps
It can be super difficult sometimes to find a vegan soap that works for your skin. Vegan soaps are always solid present ideas for vegans because it’s something they will get a lot of use out of.
If you want to go all out; buy a variety of luxury soaps and bathroom products and arrange them in a pretty box (or use our gorgeous printed eco mailer box) and give it to them like a thoughtful vegan bathroom hamper.
These are some vegan soap products that are popular vegan gifts:
- Australian yellow clay vegan soap
- Dindi goliath palm-oil free extra large soap bar
- Dindi charcoal soap on a rope
- Dindi crochet hemp bag with soap pieces
- Vegan Lush products 80% of Lush products are vegan and labelled as so
- The Body Shop vegan soaps, bath bombs and shower gels about 50% of their products are vegan
#6 A Beautiful Eco Recycled Paper Card
Looking for easy and cheap vegan gifts to send through the post? Show them how thoughtful you are without showering them in physical gifts they will never use!
Instead, source a gorgeous eco card printed with vegan ink that suits their personality. Write something meaningful, slip some money between the folds (if you’re feeling baller) and send away! Wham bam, done!
Our Earth Greetings vegan cards are:
- Printed with vegan inks on 100% post-consumer recycled paper
- Include free postage with an unbleached recycled paper envelope
- Made in Australia and support Aussie artists
- 10% of profits from Earth Greetings cards goes to caring for wildlife and habitat
- Blank inside, write your own special message
#7 A Printed Mug with a Funny Vegan Message
A classic funny vegan gift for people you don’t know too well, but you want to make them laugh! There is a HUGE variety of printed mug styles and sayings on the market, making it super easy to find one that suits your recipient perfectly!
There are snarky vegan mugs, mugs covered in swear words, mugs with strong messages about vegans or just mugs with gorgeous pictures of animals printed on them. The world is your oyster mushroom, as the saying goes...?
#8 A Vegan Cooking Class
If you know someone who thinks they can’t cook but they want to - then this is one of the best vegan presents out there for them! A vegan cooking class can absolutely boost morale in the kitchen and open minds to new types of foods and combinations.
If they are a little shy, there are actually a few different vegan cooking classes they can take online from the safety of their own kitchen. By taking a video-based online program, they can do any cuisine, anywhere in the world. It will show them step-by-step how to gain confidence in the kitchen creating foods they will absolutely love and expanding their repertoire. It’s such a great vegan gift idea!
Cooking classes are a fun way to pamper your friend with something vegan that they never would have thought to buy for themselves! An uncommon vegan present to say the least!
Here are a couple of online vegan cooking classes that come highly recommended:
- Veecoco currently offer Thai, Vietnamese, Korean and Japanese, among others. Plus you can easily buy a gift card!
- Brownble Programs 300+ videos and recipes from any cuisine
- Udemy offers all types of courses, including plant-based and raw vegan
- Forks over Knives 2 different course types for beginners to intermediate
Get your hesitant vegan excited about cooking and trying new and amazing food with the gift of a vegan cooking course!
# 9 A Tofu Press
People not in the know probably don’t realise that the tofu you buy at the supermarkets should be pressed if you want it to be more firm and meat-like. That’s why tofu you have at a restaurant is always better than when you make it at home!
Buy one of these and your vegan friend can have restaurant-quality tofu in the blink of an eye!
#10 A Cute Printed Vegan Tea Towel
Who doesn’t need another stylish tea towel to spruce up the kitchen? This is the ultimate vegan gift for someone who you don’t know really well.
Beware though - not all inks are vegan! Also, if you are after an eco tea towel, ensure it has a GOTS certification. This is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria. Buying from a reputable, vegan company is best.
Our chic eco tea towels are:
- Screen printed in Australia with water-based vegan inks on 100% certified organic, unbleached cotton
- Artworks designed by Aussie based artists
- 100% carbon neutral
- 10% of Earth Greetings profits goes to environmental organisations
- Made in India to Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
- Include free postage in a sustainable biodegradable satchel
You can also grab this tea towel with the matching vegan tote bag!
#11 An Exotic Spice Set
An exotic spice set is the perfect hassle-free gift for the vegan foodie. Anyone who likes cooking has always got a huge collection of spices stocked in their cupboards. Adding to the collection will only bring more joy!
Spices are great because they last for ages and almost all spices are vegan (you know, since they are just ground up plants). This vegan gift can help your friend or relative come out of their comfort zone a little and try new things in their cooking. You may end up opening up a whole new world to them.
It has got to be one of the easiest vegan-friendly gifts to give because you can buy them almost anywhere and so long as you package them in a gorgeous set of jars they’ll look great and feel super special.
Here are a few ideas about some exotic spices you could add to your vegan foodies present:
- Fenugreek Seeds or Methi is great in chutneys, pickles and Indian curries
- Asafoetida awesome substitute for garlic and onions
- Black Salt or Kala Namak the perfect egg substitute for vegans added to tofu scramble
- Za’atar used in Middle Eastern cooking for dusting on bread and salads
- Piri Piri dried and ground birds eye chillies
- Sumac dusted over a Lebanese salad gives it a zesty flavour
- Harissa North African hot chilli pepper blend
- Ras el Hanout Moroccan spice mix used in rubs
- Baharat Middle Eastern all-purpose spice blend with a smoky, sweet flavour
If you know what the recipient likes to cook a specific cuisine, this will be even easier. Just search for some spices frequently used in that cuisine and gather them together for an easy vegan present!
#12 A KeepCup Reusable Coffee Cup
For the eco-conscious vegan on the go! Everyone who even cares the slightest about the environment always needs and uses reusable coffee cups all the time. Having one at work plus a couple at home never hurt anyone!
Sure there are plenty of different reusable coffee cups out there but we verified that KeepCup is vegan AND they are one of the most popular brands on the market so they have to be doing something right, right? The KeepCup brand is perfect for vegans because the brands' values align with those of most vegans. They believe strongly that individual action has a powerful catalyst for change and that the everyday choices we make can help shape the future.
Buying a KeepCup as a vegan gift for a friend has got to be one of the easiest but equally thoughtful vegan birthday presents for literally anyone - vegan or not!
#13 Gourmet Vegan and Gluten-Free Cookies
For the gluten-free vegan, why not get them something they can’t usually have? And while you’re at it, knock their socks off with flavour and pow!
We have tried and tested many vegan gluten-free cookies, and we think the Friends of Frank Cookies are the best. We especially LOVE the Orange and Almond flavour. They also have Cacao and Hazelnut in gluten free plus Coconut and Maple as a nut free option. All Friends of Frank Cookies are all-natural and vegan!
You can grab these gluten-free vegan cookies in our Sweet Tooth Hamper, and send it straight to your loved one’s door, for FREE! This has gotta be one of the best vegan food gifts on our list.
#14 One of the Best Vegan Cookbooks
Almost everyone loves a good cookbook, it’s a classy, classic vegan gift. They become proudly displayed in the living room shelf or provide a great coffee table book for visitors to flick through. If you pick the right cookbook, you might even open their mind to a whole new world they never knew existed!
Show off your vegan insider knowledge with one of the hottest vegan cookbooks at the moment. Some of them look pretty, some are super contemporary and some will even make you laugh!
- BOSH! You might have caught some of their videos on social media since they are the hottest plant-based cooks at the moment. Their video channel has millions of followers and their cookbook is the best selling vegan cookbook of all time. This is due to their focus on recreating hearty comfort classics into delicious easy-to-make vegan versions.
- Vegan 100. Known on social media as the Avant-Garde Vegan, his cookbook showcases flavour first and foremost. It features modern healthy recipes like deep purple potato soup, raw cacao dairy-free cheesecake and sage and smoked chilli vegan dogs.
- Bad Manners. Previously known as Thug Kitchen, and as the name suggests this cookbook is written in their signature tongue-in-cheek, blasphemous style (don’t get this one for someone you don’t know well). It features simple, comfort foods. Their cookbooks make good presents for vegans who like a bit of humour.
- Minimalist Baker's Everyday Cooking: 101. Does your vegan friend miss baked foods? Well, now they can try their hand at vegan baking themselves! The entire book is plant-based and mostly gluten-free. Full of easy and delicious recipes.
- Forks Over Knives. Forks Over Knives are seriously hot right now in the vegan community. After starting with an influential vegan documentary, they have now released online cooking classes and a plant-based cookbook focussing on healthy eating.
- Deliciously Ella. You won't go wrong with the fastest selling vegan cookbook ever! Inside it is full of delightful recipes from a variety of styles and cuisines. “Eat Like You Give a F**k,” the cover commands. Ok, we will then!
- The Vegan Stoner Cookbook. One for the light-hearted vegans who appreciate a bit of humour. This collection of vegan recipes are so simple to make that even a stoner could prepare them. This recipe book features lovingly hand-drawn characters make vegan cooking fun, cheap and easy.
These are but a few of the huge range of awesome vegan cookbooks you could give a vegan as a gift. If you aren’t so hot on any of the above just do a quick search and you’ll be presented with a multitude of choices. Good luck!
#15 A Micro Herb Window Grow Set
There’s nothing more satisfying than growing your own food, and with a microgreens grow set it is so easy that anyone can do it!
Depending on which grow set you wish to buy, most will provide everything needed to get started - just add water! Grow basil, thyme, coriander, parsley and sage. Place the set on a sunny windowsill and in a few weeks’ time they’ll have some tasty quaint herbs to put in their vegan dishes.
This is a super lovely and creative vegan gift idea for anyone who loves gardens and food.
#16 A Vegetable Spiralizer
I’m still yet to find a vegan who doesn’t want one of these! It’s awesome how just by cutting veggies a different way you can use them as different ingredients than you usually would.
They are great at jazzing up vegetables or making zoodles for a raw vegan Pad Thai. Or for grating cabbage for coleslaw or spiralling carrots for deep frying (yum!).
I personally have 2 different vegetable spiralizers and I use them every second day for different things. I love them! This is a thoughtful and unique vegan present idea.
#17 Wrap Your Gift Up in Luxury Vegan Wrapping Paper
Why not wrap your vegan gifts in eco-friendly gift packaging and add a designer look without costing the Earth.
Our opulent vegan wrapping paper and gift tag sets are:
- Printed with vegan inks on luxuriously thick 100% post consumer recycled paper
- Made in Australia and supports Aussie artists
- 10% of profits from Earth Greetings cards goes to caring for wildlife
#18 A Donation to a Farmed Animal Sanctuary
This is a lovely, heartwarming gift to give a vegan. A donation to an animal sanctuary in their name can be the perfect all-rounder gift for vegans! You won’t have to do and searching for a physical product, everyone feels good PLUS you’re helping animals in need that likely come from traumatic backgrounds and horrific conditions. Something any vegan can definitely get on board with!
Some of the sanctuaries allow you to pay for yearly sponsorships for their animals. So if you’re friend loves ponies, for example, you could easily find them a cute pony friend to sponsor.
There are heaps and heaps of farmed animal sanctuaries found all over Australia. You could try to find one near you (and could even make a day of it by going to visit one that is open to the public) or you could take a look at this huge list put together by Vegans Australia and take your pick!
#19 The Ultimate Gift: Go Vegan Yourself
Hey, this isn’t going to be for everyone, but it really is the ultimate vegan gift ever (if you weren’t vegan before, of course!). Just think, now your vegan friend/partner/relative has someone to go on outings to vegan restaurants with, share recipes with and cook for! United under a similar bond, it is a gift that would surely bring you both closer.
If the idea of actually going vegan yourself scares the sh*t out of you, never fear! Why not just try it out for a month and see how you go? Most people feel better about doing it when they aren’t locked-in to it mentally. Read the Start Here page on this website, buy yourself our Vegan Starter Kit and go from there. We provide all the information you need to get started.
We don’t recommend rushing into anything. We see the journey to veganism as a process which you can start implementing parts into your life today! Making this the best last-minute vegan gift idea on this list. Now you don’t need to buy anything FOR your friend and you are still able to give them the best vegan gift ever.
#20 Still Don’t Know What to Buy? Get Them a Vegan Gift Card!
We know! Buying vegan gifts is so hard! Why not give them the gift of choice with a PS I'm Vegan gift card?
Our gift cards are delivered by email and contain instructions on how to redeem them at checkout. They have a 3-year expiry from the date of supply and have no additional processing fees.
We hope you’ve found this guide on the best vegan gifts in Australia super helpful.
Now go forth and be kind with vegan gifts that make every-body happy!
Save for Later on Pinterest
If you know of a gift for vegans that really needs to be on this list, please comment with it below and we will take a look at it. This list is a work in progress and we will be constantly updating and adding to it to keep with popular items of the time.
- Discover the best Vegan Gift Hampers in Australia.
- Be sure to buy the ultimate vegan gift with our Vegan Gift Giving Guide.
- Beginner vegans can find support, advice and challenges in our Facebook Group: Vegan Sidekicks. We would love for you to join us and get involved with our open-minded and supportive group!